EVO Home setup Questions

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Clinton pratt

EVO Home setup Questions

Post by Clinton pratt »

Hello.

I have just completed the install of a complete EVO home system c/w 2 HCc80R 5 zones up stairs and 5 down stairs . All zones have a wireless T87RF2033 . I also have a wireless relay BDR91T1004 ( I think this is the code ) controlling the boiler. And finally hot water kit .

I have to say install and set ups simple and glad I selected HW EVO system .

I just have 2 questions
1. On the T87RF2033 , when the zone is calling for heat , should there not be a symbol on it display showing that heat is been called for ? Something like a flame .
2.i have the store hot water valve setup as a hot water 2 port valve controlled via a wireless relay to open the valve and a wireless probe that is located in the hot water vessel . When system is on to heat the hot water , the valve opens and the closes when temperature set point is reached . That is fine . But when a zone is calling for heat , the hot water valve also opens , that is fine but I would expect it to close when the hotwater reaches set point but it does not and over heats the hot water .

I hope the above is clear and I look forward to a reply .
DBMandrake

Re: EVO Home setup Questions

Post by DBMandrake »

Clinton pratt wrote: 1. On the T87RF2033 , when the zone is calling for heat , should there not be a symbol on it display showing that heat is been called for ? Something like a flame .
When bound to an Evotouch you won't get any flame indicator on the thermostat. The same applies to a DTS92 - it has a flame indicator which works if you directly bind it to a BDR91 relay but when bound to an Evotouch the flame indicator does not function. This is normal. The only indication on an Evohome system that there is a heat demand is the LED on the BDR91.
2.i have the store hot water valve setup as a hot water 2 port valve controlled via a wireless relay to open the valve and a wireless probe that is located in the hot water vessel . When system is on to heat the hot water , the valve opens and the closes when temperature set point is reached . That is fine . But when a zone is calling for heat , the hot water valve also opens , that is fine but I would expect it to close when the hotwater reaches set point but it does not and over heats the hot water .
How many BDR91's do you have - two ? Do you have a heating zone valve as well or just a hot water zone valve ?

It sounds like you have either bound your hot water zone valve relay as a boiler relay or have double bound it as both a boiler relay and hot water relay.

In a two relay stored hot water configuration with both a hot water and heating zone valve there should be no boiler relay configured. The two relays should power the respective zone valves.

If you have only a hot water zone valve and rely on HR92's to control every radiator then you would connect the heating relay directly to the boiler instead of a zone valve so that the boiler still fires for heating demand.