Wireless range

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
rleggett

Wireless range

Post by rleggett »

I understand the wireless range is about 30m in a domestic environment. I reckon this is about spot on for the distance between our boiler at one end of the house and the most distant upstairs radiators at the other. I am therefore worried that I might buy a system then discover it cannot communicate.

Am I right in thinking that the TRVs have to communicate directly back to the BDR91 box not to the controller? The controller can clearly be located near the middle of the house easily, whereas the BDR91 will have to be close to the boiler unless we mess around leading wires about.

Ang thoughts gratefully appreciated!

Rob
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Wireless range

Post by Richard »

Hi Rob,

All evohome system devices communicate with the evohome Controller and NOT each other. This means a centralised evohome Controller will cover quite large properties. However, if there is any doubt we have a signal test kit to hire out here - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/our-servic ... ental.html

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Richard
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
rleggett

Post by rleggett »

Sorry Richard, I just need to be really clear about this. Does each systems device communicate with the Controller, or with the BDR91?

The fact that the test kit which I've now had includes a BDR91 and a wireless thermostat rather than a controller and TRV leads me to think it is the latter.

This would be very difficult as it would mean we would have to have the BDR91 centrally located in the house which means lots of wiring.

Thanks

Rob
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Hi Rob,

The evohome Controller is the brains of the system and everything communicates with this. The evohome Controller is the only thing to communicate with the BDR91.

Our test kit has been changed, as the evohome Controllers were getting broke in transit so we have gone over to a BDR91 and a DTS92E.

This is a link to the old evohome application manual, but gives you a great overview of how the system operates (which is missing from the new evohome manual) - https://products.ecc.emea.honeywell.com ... 1r0909.pdf

Any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Thanks,

Richard
John

Post by John »

Hi Richard,

I'm looking at this system but my house is quite large so I would like to use the test kit; what's the availability of it like in the next week or so?

Also the old manual states that ony 8 zones are possible - can you confirm that it is now 12 zones as per this HW site http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Und ... home-Main/.

Thanks,
John
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

The HCC80R is only capable of 8 zones. The evohome Controller can do 12 of course.

We have test kits available at the moment. 8-)