PreBound Set Up

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
richk

PreBound Set Up

Post by richk »

Hi,

So took delivery of my evohome parts this week which have all been prebinded and tested by the evohome tech Dept. Cant wait to get it all up and running when the plumber comes to fit the BDR91 units, controller and hot water kit on the 22nd. In prep i need to install the HR92’s (18no) and T87RF’s (4no) and power them up before the controller is turned on. My question though is can I do this now, will the HR92’s work as a standard trv until the controller is connected? Don’t want to do it too far in advance and then be left with no control of radiators for a week and a bit. Also wanted to put the thermostats up on Velcro so I can work out best location for them before final fix with screws and do a bit of testing to check locations are good (internal walls etc). Just worried that if they are left on too long without controller connected they might unbind. Just don’t want to undo anything that the evohome shop have done.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard
Site Admin

Re: PreBound Set Up

Post by Richard »

Hi Richard,

The pre-bound setup isn't quite so precious as this and certainly nothing will become unbound. If you power up the battery powered devices first this shouldn't be an issue. Just bear in mind if you do power up the evohome controller first, you will get error messages come up as it won't be able to find the devices that are connected to it. This is obviously not a fault, just the evotouch controller doing its job.

Thanks,

Richard
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home