Prob. with DTS92E not properly rebinding after battery swap

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
OldGit

Prob. with DTS92E not properly rebinding after battery swap

Post by OldGit »

Hi Richard,

been a few years since we last talked, hope all is well with you!

Ok, quick question about a long-standing setup that has gone wrong. I have a small cottage with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor. The Kitchen thermostat is a DTS92E which has been bound, without hitch, to the Controller for quite some time. The heating has been switched off on the controller since the hot weather began. The other day I noticed an error on the controller telling me that it had lost contact with the DTS92E and upon checking I saw that the batteries in the DTS92E need replacing, which I did. However, when the DTS92E came back on it displayed SYNC, and continued to display SYNC if any buttons were pressed. The controller on the other hand displayed an hourglass and this never changed. I moved the DTS92E so that it was right next to the controller and left it for 24 hours. When I checked it again, nothing had changed except that the underfloor heating in the Kitchen had been constantly called and temps in kitchen were horrific. The DTS92E would not enter into setup mode to re-bind and, no matter what I tried, kept showing me SYNC on the display. In the end I had to turn off the boiler, delete the kitchen zone and take the DTS92E out into the street, away from the controller, to stop the SYNC and get the settings cleared.

So, other than the bindign having a brainfart, what happened here? Why was the controller showing an hourglass whilst the DTS92E showed Synce and why, if heating was turned off on the Controller, was the boiler called and the underfloor heating in that room activated? Surely this shouldn't happen in the event of a loss of connection to Thermostat and especially if heating is actually turned off on the Controller? Any ideas?

Best Regards

Pete