Advanced features

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
rowan.bradley

Advanced features

Post by rowan.bradley »

I am considering installing a hybrid oil and ASHP heating system for my home. The supplier I'm talking to has proposed installing Evohome as the control system. I need to understand what sort of rules I can set up within Evohome to control my system. If it can't do what I'm looking for, the alternative is probably to create my own using OpenHAB or similar.

For example, one of the things I would like to do is to set a priority for each heat sink (i.e. for each room in the house, and for the hot water). Then when I come home to a cold house (e.g. after spending a period away) and turning the system on, I can say that all the heat generated will initially be fed to the highest priority heat sink. If there is any heat left over, or when the first room has reached its target temperature, then it will turn on the second priority heat sink, and so on until everything has turned on. Presently what happens is that I turn the system on, and it takes forever to heat anywhere up to a comfortable temperature, because it is trying to heat the whole house, and the hot water, all at the same time, when most of the house I am not interested in. If I desperately want a hot shower, then the maximum amount of heat should be directed to the hot water. If I want to sit in the sitting room, then that's where the majority of the heat should go.

Can I do this within Evohome? If so, please explain briefly how.

Thanks - Rowan