Vaillant 831 Ecotecplus Combi

Anything to do with OpenTherm and Honeywell Home products in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
garymtitley

Vaillant 831 Ecotecplus Combi

Post by garymtitley »

Hi does anyone one know if the vaillant vr33 open therm module work with this boiler,this is a 2010 model.Iknow that this is not supported by Vaillant in the uk but other people have got this to work with other Vaillant boilers,just wondered if it would work with the 831.Any guidance would be welcome.Thanks.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Vaillant 831 Ecotecplus Combi

Post by Richard »

VR33 should work with any Vaillant boiler... Just a shame Vaillant UK doesn't support it.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
garymtitley

Post by garymtitley »

Thanks Richard,will be ordering a Honeywell open therm bridge from you in the very near future.
garymtitley

Post by garymtitley »

Got a Vaillant vr33 from Holland and got the Honeywell evohome open therm bridge from the evohome shop which was delivered next day.Got all this installed and I'm happy to say it's all working very well,may need a few final tweeks,but very happy otherwise.
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Brilliant... Thanks for the feedback! 8-)
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
garymtitley

Post by garymtitley »

No problem Richard,when my boiler is ready for replacing,nearly ten years old now but still working perfectly good,I will coming back to you and will be going for the intergas eco rf24 I think. :D :D
robeg.brown@gmail.com

Post by robeg.brown@gmail.com »

just install VR33 (bought from Holland €75 plus delivery, downloded the dutch manual and tranlated it to English) on a Vaillant 843 combi, follwed the dutch youtube on setting up the R8810 opentherm bridge and estamblish comms (red lights). then had to re link the 24V relay return on the boiler circuit board as i was replacing the 230V relay BDR91 Relay Box.

all works fine