Hot Water BDR91 turns on Heating BDR91

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
rodgeyroo

Hot Water BDR91 turns on Heating BDR91

Post by rodgeyroo »

HI All,

I have an S-Plan configuration with a motorised valve for the hot water and another for the heating. Everything seems to work fine, except, when I turn hot water only, it switches on the heating motorised valve as well. If I turn on the hot water manually (i.e. push button on BDR91) it does not turn on the heating.

The boiler BDR is added as a Wireless Relay Box and hot water is configured as 2 zone valve.

The BDR91s are 70cm apart and both are about the same distance from the boiler.

Any suggestions as to why the heating mortised valve comes on with the water? I have unbound and rebound both devices but still same issue.
Stanley1951

Re: Hot Water BDR91 turns on Heating BDR91

Post by Stanley1951 »

Is the bdr configured for s plan?
barryleajo

Post by barryleajo »

rodgeeroo - I had a similar thing on my recently self-installed Evohome system.
It may be that the Heating BDR91 is 'double-bound' to the DHW BDR91. This is easy to do if you bind the heating first and then bind the DHW using the guided set-up and inadvertantly bind it again - as I did.
I un-binded (unbound?) both BDRs and used the guided set-up. Bind the DHW first and at the end of this procedure it asks you (from memory) to bind the heating zone valve (I think). You can bind the heating BDR at this stage safe in the knowledge that the heating BDR is in its unbound state and will not be inadvertantly double bound.
This fixed it for me.
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

rodgeyroo wrote:HI All,

I have an S-Plan configuration with a motorised valve for the hot water and another for the heating. Everything seems to work fine, except, when I turn hot water only, it switches on the heating motorised valve as well. If I turn on the hot water manually (i.e. push button on BDR91) it does not turn on the heating.

The boiler BDR is added as a Wireless Relay Box and hot water is configured as 2 zone valve.

The BDR91s are 70cm apart and both are about the same distance from the boiler.

Any suggestions as to why the heating mortised valve comes on with the water? I have unbound and rebound both devices but still same issue.
You've not bound them correctly... You need to ensure you don't have anything under 'boiler control' and bind the devices via the hot water guided configuration option.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
IHarrop

Post by IHarrop »

Excellent.. I had this issue and I had bound them independently.. all sorted now thank you everyone.
I'd bound the heating valve as a stand alone rather than through the guide for hot water..

Could this have caused the boiler to putting the heating on at all times of the day and night even though I'd not set it to come on ?

I'll keep an eye on it but for a little while (not sure how long I'd had that previous setting) I've been noticing the boiler kicking in at odd times during the night and I may well have missed a load during the days while out or working too!!