Replacing an HR92

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Don10

Replacing an HR92

Post by Don10 »

I have just replaced an HR92. I followed a procedure posted by DMandrake on the Automatedhome forum which involved changing the zone type from radiator to zone and then canceling the binding stage (It is surprisingly difficult to find any sensible instructions for this presumably not unusual activity.). This left the zone with no bound devices. Having changed the type back to radiator I bound the new HR92 successfully.
All seems well (the HR92 reports the correct zone and appears to be following the schedule) but on the controller there is no zone temperature but just an 'egg timer'. I have cleared the fault log but the egg timer persists (overnight).
What have I done wrong and / or what should I try next?
Don10

Re: Replacing an HR92

Post by Don10 »

Not quite sure why I am posting the solution here as I am not sure that anyone from the Evohome Shop is reading this forum (I suspect all the views so far are mine), but in the spirit of helping others here is something that worked from DBMandrake on the Automatedhome forum:

" I'd try going into the zone settings then instead of binding the actuator as you've already done, choose the option to bind a new temperature sensor for the zone.

When prompted to bind put the HR92 into binding mode to complete this.

At least on the Wifi version of the Evotouch it's possible to change the temperature sensor binding without rebinding all the HR92's in a zone by using this method.

An HR92 is both an actuator and a temperature sensor - the normal binding process hides the fact that it is actually binding both functions at once for you. "

This worked (although I would add that on the controller you have to press 'remote sensor' to be offered the option to rebind) and the zone is now reporting temperature to the controller.

I find it rather odd that if replacing components such as the HR92 which may get damaged (the zone is a shower room and I suspect dripping clothes left on the towel rail / radiator that it was attached to) is so tricky why isn't there guidance available from Honeywell or indeed the Evohome Shop. There are comments saying that unbinding has to be done 'properly' but no links to what 'properly' might be. Overall a disappointing experience as I do not think one should have to scour fora to find basic support information such as this. The replacement of an HR92 is basic enough for users to achieve as long as there is guide.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Replacing an HR92

Post by Richard »

Hi Don,
We do have a help video on the forum for unbinding/rebinding a HR92 into an existing zone - http://theevohomeshopforum.co.uk/viewto ... ?f=12&t=37
Not quite sure how this was missed. Either way, if you had simply given us a quick call we could of helped resolve this with a 5 minute phone conversation :)
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home