BST

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
dwilder

BST

Post by dwilder »

I can't seem to get my Evohome controller to update to British Summer Time.

On the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort web interface I have the time zone set as Dublin / London/ Lisbon.

I also have the time auto update set on the controller.

However, despite what I do (selecting manual time, adjusting the clock by one hour and then going back to auto update) the controller is still one hour out.

I don't want to leave the controller in manual time setup as I've found its time keeping to be appalling - loosing a couple of minutes each day.

Any ideas?

Dan
neutronwrangler

Re: BST

Post by neutronwrangler »

Similar here - I have two controllers, both set the same. One has updated, the other has not.

--
John Cooper
--
John Cooper
gaynorc

Post by gaynorc »

Same with me. Will not advance the hour.
dwilder

Post by dwilder »

Feeling better that I'm not alone! :|
gaynorc

Post by gaynorc »

GarethMarlow

Post by GarethMarlow »

Yep, smart central heating system hasn't worked out that the clocks have changed...
gaynorc

Post by gaynorc »

As reported by another user on that other site, I have the same weird issue with the app and the controller being one hour apart. When I set an override the end time reported by the controller and iPhone app are an hour out from each other.
dwilder

Post by dwilder »

Wife just had a shower turn cold on her... Finding it hard to justify this expensive, amazing smart controller.

Personally, I blame Brexit... :evil:

Dan
Edinburgh2000

Re: BST - a workaround

Post by Edinburgh2000 »

A workaround that I have applied is to go into the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website and edit my "Location", setting the Timezone to "(UTC+01:00) West Central Africa". I think that is a timezone that does not observe DST and so is always UTC+1. That seems to have worked for me. The hour offset for overrides between my Evotouch and the web app has disappeared. Of course, we will need to remember to change this come the reversion to GMT in the autumn. But, for now, that seems to do the trick.
Edinburgh2000

Re: BST - timestamp on this forum

Post by Edinburgh2000 »

Is this just a coincidence, but I see that the timestamp on this forum is still in GMT and has not advanced to BST. (See at the top of the forum page).
"It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:43 am"
(It is actually 8:43am BST).

Is there any link to Honeywell's Evohome timestamps?