T3R boiler relay compatibility

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Itswinter82

T3R boiler relay compatibility

Post by Itswinter82 »

Evening all,

First post here, but long term visitor to the Evohome forum over the years!

Apologies if this is documented somewhere, but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer. We've recently sold our house and moved into temporary rental accomodation. In our old house I had installed Evohome on an S plan, with hot water control and 10 HR91. When we left, I took the HR91s with us in the hope I could use them in our next house, but left the rest so as not to scupper the buyers.

The rental we're living in has a wireless T3R thermostat. Fine.....but not Evohome :-). I hoped that the the unit was paired to a BDR91 which i'm familiar with, but no - it is paired with a different unit which comes with the T3R thermostat (R3H710RF0005 I believe). Now, given that you can pair the T3R controller with a BDR91 (or so say the guides on the Resideo website), I'd have expected that you can do the opposite and bind an Evohome controller to the R3H710RF0005. Presumably they work on the same frequency? However, I cant find anything that says for definite, and I don't want to buy a controller to find it doesn't work.

Anybody have any experience?
Richard
Site Admin

Re: T3R boiler relay compatibility

Post by Richard »

No unfortunately not possible, you'll need to swap it out with a BDR91.

https://thesmartthermostatshop.co.uk/?p ... pe=product
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
Itswinter82

Re: T3R boiler relay compatibility

Post by Itswinter82 »

Ah, that's a shame! But thankyou for confirming.