Home Assistant Green

All Home Assistant discussion in here!
Flyder

Home Assistant Green

Post by Flyder »

Hi.
I think I may need to go down the HA route as I have, like most people, a mix of manufacturers smart devices.
However, various you tube videos have advised using a retired laptop is more difficult than setting up a raspberry pi. Following on to the setting up a raspberry pi videos, I came to the conclusion that it was probably beyond my skill set. I struggle to get rid of the Bing search engine every time my laptop does a update.

While looking at all this, I came across HA yellow and Green. It looks very much like Green could be the answer.

Has any one with poor computer skills experienced this? Is it really standalone? Would it cope with solar pv, 3 or 4 different brands of smart plugs and bulbs, and a couple of security cameras? Or would I be into buying add ons, ad infinitum?

Many thanks
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Home Assistant Green

Post by Richard »

Having used Home Assistant for many years, the system is always evolving and a level of experience is still required if you want to do something useful with all the integrations.

For sure, green and yellow will certainly get around the initial setup from scratch issues, but to advance the system further once your particular smart home items are added, will take a lot of time and many YouTube videos! :lol:

Good luck with what you decide to do! 8-)
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home