Evohome and BDR91 communication (daily) defaults

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
phs

Evohome and BDR91 communication (daily) defaults

Post by phs »

I recently changed my boiler and BDR91 relay (8th of December 2023) - and they are connected to my (legacy) Evohome. Since then I receive a communication error on my Evohome (see attached “error1.jpg”) every day. I noticed from the default logs (see attached “log1.jpg”) that the error is happening every day, twice (a first default, then another one about 3 hours later) and about 10 minutes later each day (see attached “log1.jpg”, it’s quite regular).
I tried moving a bit the BDR91 relay around (my previous BDR91 was located at the same place and I never had issues) and I tried to turn it off/on but it did not solve the issue.
The only change since this issue is that I have a new boiler and a new BDR91 relay (legacy Evohome has not changed, I just paired it with the new BDR91 relay).
Overall the system is working fine (the boiler is correctly controlled by Evohome via relay), it’s just that those errors are a bit annoying. Any idea ?
Attachments
log1.jpg
log1.jpg (237.1 KiB) Viewed 348 times
error1.jpg
error1.jpg (125.52 KiB) Viewed 348 times
phs

Re: Evohome and BDR91 communication (daily) defaults

Post by phs »

From past discussions on this forum, I understand this could be caused by "multiple bindings".
So this morning I also tried to "unbind" BDR91 and Evohome, then binded them again - however it has not solved the issue.
phs

Post by phs »

Worth mentioning as well: I'm using only one BDR91 and Evohome is controlling the heating only (not hot water - since I understand that can be a source of double binding if not carefully configured).
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

The evotouch controller is looking for a relay it cannot find. Normally happens when the evohome system is bound wrong and you have an appliance relay setup incorrectly in the configuration menu.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
phs

Post by phs »

Thanks for the feedback. Any idea what could go wrong with binding ? I followed the standard procedure (https://support.resideo.com/s/article/H ... anguage=de ; including clearing binding / step 2) and in terms of config this is boiler relay with one single BDR91 (on/off ; Evohome is controlling the heating only).
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Give tech support a call (if you haven't already) and they should be able to help resolve.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home