HR92 cannot close heater valve

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
tiyoxoherm

HR92 cannot close heater valve

Post by tiyoxoherm »

Hello everyone,

after getting outfitted today with HR92 units on 14 different radiators, with two of them I have the issue that even if I set the controller to 5°C, the heater is chock-full open and heats up forever/endlessly, raising the room temperature to above 30°C. The HR92 system does not appear to be able to get deep enough to close the pin. One of these units needed the adapter, the second unit did not need an adapter and I've already enabled "full stroke". I also clearly hear a whirring noise. However, even if I remove the HR92 unit, and manually turn the wheel that comes with the unit, the radiators never stop heating.

Might you know a solution?

Thanks!
thecarfixer

Re: HR92 cannot close heater valve

Post by thecarfixer »

Replace the valve, unfortunately.
robdevent

Re: HR92 cannot close heater valve

Post by robdevent »

I had the same problem. My solution was as follows: there are two radiator couplings 28 and 30 mm I think.
if you look at the black wheel axis you wil notice that the central pin which pushes the valve pin in the 28 mm one is slightly longer.
I needed 30 mm with al longer central pin, managed to push out the longer axis/pin from the 28 mm and replaced the one in the 30- mm head.
(it needed al little force) Then my HR92 was able to work als it should. No cost at all.