adding extra HR92 to a zone already in operation

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
sprince1965

adding extra HR92 to a zone already in operation

Post by sprince1965 »

HI All - having searched fruitlessly on forums and manuals I am posting here to be either corrected or tell everyone what I did! I already had a zone set up and had bought some extra HR92's to add on rads previuosly with old fashioned thermostats. I could not for the life of me find a way to simply add them to an existing zone already set up with it's sensor and actuator (extra rad!) . so in in the end I unbound all rads and deleted the zone and reinstated the whole lot all again.

If there is a quicker way to add simply one more radiator once the zone has already been set up I am all ears!

Thanks
Steve-Evo

Re: adding extra HR92 to a zone already in operation

Post by Steve-Evo »

The simplest way ( I keep adding/changing zone setups, so do quite “regularly”) is to go into the installer settings (using long press) to amend the zone. Select Zone Configuration and then select the zone to amend. Select the RF Device Binding (Devices Bound) option, it will then ask you to bind values, just take all the valves in the zone and rebind them. Remembering the first one bound will be the temp sensor for the zone. No need to unbind first or delete zone. I have also moved valves between zones using the above and always works
Richard
Site Admin

Re: adding extra HR92 to a zone already in operation

Post by Richard »

sprince1965 wrote:HI All - having searched fruitlessly on forums and manuals I am posting here to be either corrected or tell everyone what I did! I already had a zone set up and had bought some extra HR92's to add on rads previuosly with old fashioned thermostats. I could not for the life of me find a way to simply add them to an existing zone already set up with it's sensor and actuator (extra rad!) . so in in the end I unbound all rads and deleted the zone and reinstated the whole lot all again.

If there is a quicker way to add simply one more radiator once the zone has already been set up I am all ears!

Thanks
Just delete the zone in 'Zone Configuration' and rebind it. Very easy to do and guarantees correct operation.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home