Underfloor heating and MT4-230-NC

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
OldGit

Underfloor heating and MT4-230-NC

Post by OldGit »

OK, two separate issues here in two cottages.

1.) Oil Boiler, wooden floor over a basement so underfloor heating is those tray type affairs that go between the joists. There are two rooms and a hallway between them. One of the rooms, the least used, gets no heat. Even if it's the only room calling for heat it gets nothing. Have checked the pins and they're OK. There's no comms error on the system and MT4 is bound OK. It's never worked properly to be honest. Had the installation engineer come look at it one time and he did something and it worked for a bit but thereafter stopped again. So rebind the MT4 or replace? Ideas

2.) Second cottage. Upstairs are rads downstairs underfloor heating. Concrete floor this time. Boiler also oil. Had some issues with Boiler losing pressure and over-heat not resetting so Boiler was off a few weeks whilst plumber got new valves and a circuit board.

Turned on the underfloor heating to re-heat the downstairs and instead it pumped all the heat to one radiator upstairs. Two rads in that room and one of them was hit about 23 degrees whilst other was cold. Check on controller tells me that this controller is still on old 1x Firmware. About to call Honeywell to get them to push new firmware to the controller. Any thoughts on what might have caused this spike of heat to Rads, which were not calling for heat, when Underfloor was supposed to get the heat?

Incidentally have had issues in past when DTS92E thermostat in Kitchen, also underfloor heating on a stone floor; lost battery power and because system lost contact with the thermostat it kept pumping heat into kitchen until new batteries were fitted and comms restored. A firmware issue? May well be tempted to replaced the DTS92E with a Y87RF.

Begs the question of why there's no alert from system, i.e. email to my iPhone, to say the batteries are running low in the thermostats. Always have to check the controller screen to get info on batteries. Once I set the schedule I don't want to look at the screen again unless there's an issue, so an email alert re battery status would seem to be a sensible thing to add to system?
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Underfloor heating and MT4-230-NC

Post by Richard »

Batteries need to be replaced annually. Set yourself a reminder.

Who designed the UFH and what W/m2 was it designed for? What is the heat loss of the room? If you take the thermal actuators off and just run the system is there any difference?

Its normally bad design and usage of evohome that causes these issues, not the product itself.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home