HR91 and BDR91 in the same zone?

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
peternash

HR91 and BDR91 in the same zone?

Post by peternash »

Hi

I've just installed an Evohome system for a friend having had a good experience with my own system. Both systems purchased from yourselves. I have a question about the possibility of mixing a radiator valve and a zone valve in the same zone.

The Kitchen zone has a radiator with an HR91 valve and a DT4R thermostat. There is also a kickspace fan heater which is plumbed in to the CH supply. Historically this was controlled by its own free standing thermostat and relay. When hot water is circulating and its thermostat is calling for heat the electric fan runs.

I was wondering if there was a way to control the kickspace heater as part of the zone using a BDR91? I can't see any way to create a zone with a mix of radiator valves and "zone valves". I had also wondered if I could "double bind" the DT4R but as far as I can see the binding is either to Evohome or a paired relay exclusively.

In practice the kickspace heater is rarely used but I was just curious if there was any way to achieve this.

Many thanks
Richard
Site Admin

Re: HR91 and BDR91 in the same zone?

Post by Richard »

Unfortunately you cannot mix different technologies in the same zone. If you used a straight TRV valve on the kick space heater, leave the kickspace heater 'on' (just running on internal temp stat) and put a HR91 on it and had both controlled by a DT4R, then it would work.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home