Room with two rads, how to turn just one off?

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
lewisjohnclayton

Room with two rads, how to turn just one off?

Post by lewisjohnclayton »

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have HR91s on two radiators in a single room that I control the temperature of via the app, as normal.
I have just put my Christmas tree into the room and it's right up against one of the rads, so I'd like to turn that one off until January and only use the other, bigger, radiator to heat the room.

I tried pressing the power button on the TRV to set it to 5c, but I think thats changed the temp of the whole room. How do I only turn that one off?
OldGit

Re: Room with two rads, how to turn just one off?

Post by OldGit »

I don't believe you can, at least not without affecting overall heating for that room.

Easiest solution might be to remove the HR91, plus fitting, and replace with an old style thermostatic controller and turn this right down to zero. Leave the HR91 on top of, or near to, the second rad and it'll continue to do its job but just not control heat to the first rad. Just had to do something similar for 24 hours to get control of a runaway rad in my cottage.
lewisjohnclayton

Post by lewisjohnclayton »

I think you might be right, I turned off the radiator at the other end and the TRV is continuing to control the room and provide heat despite it being roasting in here!

Is there no way to remove it from the room on the main unit and have it as a standalone zone then re add it after Christmas?
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

I don't think there is a way to do this with HR91's.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home