Infrared heater integration

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
greenhiggins

Infrared heater integration

Post by greenhiggins »

Hi all,

I have an open plan kitchen diner lounge, heated by a single 4 column radiator (largest size possible) and controlled by a hr92 currently. I have offset the temperature by -2 degree C on the hr92 to align with the middle of the room temperature. My evohome controller is on the opposite side of the room in the kitchen area. It takes a noticeable amount of time to reach set temperature so I am considering a second heat source, plinth heater in island or a ceiling panel heater.

There would be a lot discruption with a plinth heater so I am considering a ceiling mounted panel panel heater over the dining area of the room. It is not clear if there are brands of panel heater that can be directly controlled as a 2nd zone on the evohome controller or via a compatible wifi room thermostat. Does anyone on the forum know of any infrared panel brands/setups that can be wifi controlled with evohome? I do not really want to have to control this potential second zone of heated with a second app
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Infrared heater integration

Post by Richard »

evohome can't mix technology in one zone, so you would have to setup to have two zones in one room (radiator controlled zone and electric zone using DT4R and BDR91). Not ideal, but no other way to do it.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home