HR91 questions

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Frits

HR91 questions

Post by Frits »

Yesterday I had the evohome system installed, with HR91s on the radiators . This morning I discovered that some of the radiators were heating, even though the temperature was well above the demanded value. I have several questions: How can I check if a hr91 is open or closed ? How can I override the system and close a valve? Also, I cannot find a manual for the hr91.
Can anyone help? Thanks
AlanHicks1

Re: HR91 questions

Post by AlanHicks1 »

https://www.libble.eu/honeywell-hr91/on ... ?page=0002

To find out which valves are open/closed you need to get to the hidden settings

Press the settings icon for more than three seconds

press the green tick

press system summary

This will show % of the valves that are open/closed

There is a threshold of about 40% before the boiler will fire, below this the system will go into cycling mode
lloyd

Post by lloyd »

If you press the left button on the HR91 it will set the requested temperature to a low temperature (maybe 5 degrees but I can't remember), effectively turning it off. (LED should flash amber). Press it again and it will set temperature to max, with LED flashing green. I think you need to cancel the override from the controller.

Make sure you have the adaptor well screwed onto the radiator. It makes a big difference if it is not fully screwed down.

You can use the right button on the HR91 to display on the controller the zone it is associated with, just in case these have got mixed up.
Frits

Post by Frits »

Thanks Lloyd and Alan, that is useful information!