BDR91 Issue?

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
JimmyV

BDR91 Issue?

Post by JimmyV »

Hi all - my first post here and apologies if this is a well-worn question.

Our heating works some of the time just as it should - either on a timer set by the Honeywell digital display, or when I turn the valve on an individual rad. The water heating works perfectly too.

However, I've noticed that sometimes the heating doesn't come on - the screen is showing the right setting, and the BDR91 for the heating has a green light, but the boiler doesn't fire. Does this mean probably the BDR91 is playing up (or maybe the wiring between it and the boiler I guess?) as the fault seems intermittent. IF I fire the hot water up at the same time then suddenly the heating works, I presume as the boiler is now on.

I'll try and reset the BDR and pair it with the system again, but I can't see that being the issue as it seems to be receiving the command, just not always passing it on to the boiler!
Richard
Site Admin

Re: BDR91 Issue?

Post by Richard »

How long are you waiting? The whole process in a fully operational system can take 4 minutes.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
JimmyV

Re: BDR91 Issue?

Post by JimmyV »

Half an hour, but it’s intermittent - most of the time the green light comes on and a second later the boiler fires. But sometimes the green light illuminates and….nothing. It does seem to have improved over the weekend, though.