HR92 keeps going into Override Mode

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
elton

HR92 keeps going into Override Mode

Post by elton »

Hi. I have an EvoHome system split into 7 zones with a schedule that varies from zone to zone.
One room is giving me problems though and does not follow the schedule.
Instead it goes into Override mode set to 20c ... if I cancel the override after a short duration it returns.

Today, I deleted the zone and reset the two HR92's. Created a new zone, bound the two HR92's to that zone and set a new schedule.
Once the schedue activated them they displayed the correct target temperature but within minutes had gone into override again at 20c. Cancelling the override, either on the App or the Controller works, but only for a short duration before they assume 20c override again.

On the HR92's the target temperature is shown as 20c and if I physically turn the top to reduce the temperature it will do so for a short duration only before reverting ... no matter what I try I cannot correct it.

Any advice welcome.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: HR92 keeps going into Override Mode

Post by Richard »

Give Resideo technical support a call. Number is in my signature.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
pulledpork

Post by pulledpork »

elton wrote:Hi. I have an EvoHome system split into 7 zones with a schedule that varies from zone to zone.
One room is giving me problems though and does not follow the schedule.
Instead it goes into Override mode set to 20c ... if I cancel the override after a short duration it returns.

Today, I deleted the zone and reset the two HR92's. Created a new zone, bound the two HR92's to that zone and set a new schedule.
Once the schedue activated them they displayed the correct target temperature but within minutes had gone into override again at 20c. Cancelling the override, either on the App or the Controller works, but only for a short duration before they assume 20c override again.

On the HR92's the target temperature is shown as 20c and if I physically turn the top to reduce the temperature it will do so for a short duration only before reverting ... no matter what I try I cannot correct it.

Any advice welcome.
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Used to work flawlessly for about 8 years and now suddenly one is playing up like you described above but also two others losing signal and giving my no sync or comms fault. Position hasn't changed and batteries are full. Have you found a solution for your problem?
rompik

Post by rompik »

I also have this annoying problem.
Two zones randomly change to 5 degrees all the time. No optimization / no mobile icon displayed.

To be honest, I had this issue for many, many years. Each year I restore the controller to factory defaulkts and unbind all valver, relays, etc. And setup the config from scratch. Sometimes it fixes the issues and the system workd for months, sometimes it doesn't (different zone has that problem after each reset). I used to have the system connected to Samsung Smartthings/Alexa but many years ago I removed that integration to ensure nothing else overrides the schedule - it didnt help.
I think the software is buggy
Monca

Post by Monca »

Yeah, same. I bought evohome couple days ago and also noticed this issue. Zones change temperature themselves to 5 degrees for no reason. Could be software bug. I found no solution to this problem.
AlanHicks1

Post by AlanHicks1 »

I've had this before.
Try setting the desired temp manually by turning the dial on the affected valve. This cleared it for me