BRD91 Lights

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Justino

BRD91 Lights

Post by Justino »

I have done a basic install on my system essentially just replacing the previous timer controller with the 2 BRD91s, and bridging out the old thermostat wiring. I may tidy up the thermostat wiring in the wiring centre at a later stage, but it will do for now.

All is working well on the hot water, and today I have started binding the HR91's and creating zones. I'm just doing a test run on the heating, when I set one of the rads to call for heat, the heating BRD 91 green light comes on, but so does the Hot Water one. Is that correct?

For clarity I have a 3 port valve, I think it is a W plan, as in the winter the heating goes cooler when the hot water was on.

thanks
Justino

Re: BRD91 Lights

Post by Justino »

I should add that on returning 30 mins later, the hot water BDR had turned off, but the heating is still on - but since then I have not seen the hot water BDR off when the heating has been on.

I wonder if is related to the hot water priority setting - I had this on, but have now turned it off, but both lights still on.

I also noticed shortly after the heating BDR turned off the hot water stayed on - is the system using the HWC as a bypass? I have 2 rads at present that don't have TRV's, so they come on when any other radiator comes on, but i dont want a system that has the hot water on when the heating is on.

I cant imagine I have the wiring wrong - its only 3 wires from the old controller, HW on, HW off and Heating on. that go to the respective BDR.
Justino

Post by Justino »

Sorry to keep replying to my own posts, but I checked again, and the HW is heating whilst the CH is on. I think when I saw the light go out previously, that was actually the tank getting up to temperature.

I am wondering if I have the HW BDR91 bound to both the HW and the CH - is that possible?

I will clear all bindings tonight when I get home and rebind to rule it out.
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

I would have a chat with evohome technical support if you are struggling to setup the system - 0330 130 1299 option 3.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
Justino

Post by Justino »

I think (hoping) I may have sussed it - I set it up as a zone valve, but should have been a sundial - will check tonight.
Justino

Post by Justino »

Fixed by reconfiguring as above!