New installation

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
beefcurtains1977

New installation

Post by beefcurtains1977 »

Hi Guys

New user with a few questions!

I have a Y-plan heating system and the heating only seems to come on when the DHW is on. I have the Hot water kit installed, 2 wireless relays for the boiler and stored hot water and 5 HS92 rad valves (one on every rad in the house). Manually overriding the settings either using the controller, app or HS92 doesnt seem to do anything unless the hot water demand is firing the boiler.

I am also getting Comms Faults with two of the HR92's which I cannot seem to clear, I have tried changing batteries in the HS92 and rebooting the controller. There are also no obstructions which should be causing signal issues. One of the HS92 with a comms fault is only calling for 16 degrees locally on the unit but seems to be letting hot water into the rad?

Any ideas?

Ta.
beefcurtains1977

Re: New installation

When the hot water reaches temperature the relay for the hot water switches off but so does the heating from what i can see, the Heating relay is still on but there is no circulation noise coming from the system and the boiler is not firing. |There are still zones calling for heat.
DBMandrake

Post by DBMandrake »

Doesn't sound like you have your relays bound or wired correctly.

How is your boiler wired to fire ? Are the limit switches (orange wires) of both your heating and hot water zone valves wired to fire the boiler ?

If so, do you have both BDR91's wired to the two zone valves respectively, and did you bind them both via the stored hot water section so one is bound for hot water and one is bound for heating ?

For a two relay configuration like this you should not bind anything for boiler control.
beefcurtains1977

Thanks, from what i can see its wired properly.

I will check out the binding of the controllers for heating and DHW rather than the boiler itself.
beefcurtains1977

Any thoughts on how to clear the comms fault, if i make a change on the rad valve with the comms fault it is shown on the controller so it must be communicating.