Alexa not working with Y87RF temp sensor.

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Archie32

Alexa not working with Y87RF temp sensor.

Post by Archie32 »

Hi all,

I have recently added a Y87RF to a zone, which is working as a temperature sensor in conjunction with the HR92, which now just functions as the actuator.

Unfortunately this is now the only zone of 8 where I can longer request a temperature via Alexa or even check on the current temperature in this zone. Alexa reports this feature is not supported or something along those lines but worked fine when this zone had the HR92 as both sensor and actuator. I have tried disabling and then enabling the zone in Alexa to no avail.

Has anyone else utilising a Y87RF as a sensor found Alexa functionality removed for the particular zone and is this normal with the Y87RF?

Cheers
Neth27

Re: Alexa not working with Y87RF temp sensor.

Post by Neth27 »

I have a Y87RF working with a Hr932, I dont have Alexa but have Google home. Hey Google commands work okay with it.
I hope I have the Y87RF working as the temperature sensor and not the HR92. How do you know which one is working as the temperature sensor?
Neth27

Post by Neth27 »

Worked it out.. blast a hairdryer at the Y87RF :D So the Y87RF works fine with Google home, so should work with Alexa
Archie32

Post by Archie32 »

Neth27 wrote:I have a Y87RF working with a Hr932, I dont have Alexa but have Google home. Hey Google commands work okay with it.
I hope I have the Y87RF working as the temperature sensor and not the HR92. How do you know which one is working as the temperature sensor?
Apologies for the late reply as the festive season got in the way.

I have given up trying to get the Y87 working with Alexa as I am having abigger issue whereby Evohome and the app both display the HR92 room temperature and not that of the Y87.

The Y87 is definitely bound as the temperature sensor as I have deleted the zone several times, bound the Y87 as the temp sensor and then the HR92 as the actuator, but both Evohome and the app only show the HR92 temperature. I can even change the setpoint by turning the Y87, so it's definitely connected.

Btw, once 'Bo' was showing on the Y87 display whilst activating binding, I turned the dial until 'Co' was displayed, which is the correct setting according to everything I have read. I don't suppose you remember how you added your Y87 as a temp sensor before I start a new thread?