Zone question

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
richk

Zone question

Post by richk »

Hi,

Just in the process of planning the zone set up of our 4 bed house before taking the plunge and purchasing the kit. I have a plumber lined up to install controller and hot water kit, but I had a quick question on zone set up. Can I set three rooms as one zone (2 kids bedrooms and main bathroom) using hr92 or hr91 valves without the need for a separate T87? Within that zone could the 2 bedrooms have a different temp setting to the bathroom (assuming not but just thought I’d ask). So basically can the three trvs controlling these three rooms be binded together without the need for a separate thermostat, and would each trv shut off individually (or turn on individually) as the temps in each room changed for instance.

Thank you in advance,

Richard
richk

Re: Zone question

Post by richk »

Think I’ve worked it out, it’s called multi room zone control which I can configure via the controller........I think. From what I read each room can be set as one zone, but the trvs monitor the individual room temps and effectively work independently until the room temp is reached.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Zone question

Post by Richard »

richk wrote:Hi,

Just in the process of planning the zone set up of our 4 bed house before taking the plunge and purchasing the kit. I have a plumber lined up to install controller and hot water kit, but I had a quick question on zone set up. Can I set three rooms as one zone (2 kids bedrooms and main bathroom) using hr92 or hr91 valves without the need for a separate T87? Within that zone could the 2 bedrooms have a different temp setting to the bathroom (assuming not but just thought I’d ask). So basically can the three trvs controlling these three rooms be binded together without the need for a separate thermostat, and would each trv shut off individually (or turn on individually) as the temps in each room changed for instance.

Thank you in advance,

Richard
Yep, multiple rooms can be handled in this way... A good example would be a zone called 'Kids Rooms', which are different bedrooms with HR91 or HR92. Using the 'multi zone' mode, allows them to use the same time and temperature settings but it will allow each room to shut down as they come up to their individual temperatures.
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home