DTS92E and HR80 - with DTS92E as the "lead sensor"

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
umph

DTS92E and HR80 - with DTS92E as the "lead sensor"

Post by umph »

Hi,
I have a DTS92E Thermostat in a room with a radiator fitted with HR80 valve - connected to the Evohome controller. I can control the radiator temp either by using the thermostat or turning the control on the HR80 or using the Evohome controller or app.

However it seems that the HR80 is what is controlling the room temperature - not the thermostat. According to the DTS92 instructions I can change a parameters in the Installer mode settings - it is parameter Su
Room temperature sensor use Su 0 = DT92 alone
1 = DT92 with HR80, using HR80 sensors
2 = DT92 with HR80, using DT92 sensor

However when I enter Installer mode on the DTS92 I only can select from these parameters: t0, es,05 and F5, the Su parameter - and many others listed in the installer guide - are not displayed on the DTS92E.

I guess I'm doing something wrongly - maybe a setup or such like - but am a bit stumped to know how to get to the parameter setting.
Does anyone know how to do this and can share the steps?

Thank you
Richard
Site Admin

Re: DTS92E and HR80 - with DTS92E as the "lead sensor"

Post by Richard »

What model evohome Controller is this on (model number will be under the fascia)?
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
DBMandrake

Post by DBMandrake »

umph wrote: However it seems that the HR80 is what is controlling the room temperature - not the thermostat. According to the DTS92 instructions I can change a parameters in the Installer mode settings - it is parameter Su
Room temperature sensor use Su 0 = DT92 alone
1 = DT92 with HR80, using HR80 sensors
2 = DT92 with HR80, using DT92 sensor

However when I enter Installer mode on the DTS92 I only can select from these parameters: t0, es,05 and F5, the Su parameter - and many others listed in the installer guide - are not displayed on the DTS92E.
Most of the parameters you can set in a DTS92 are only applicable if the DTS92 is bound directly to a device like a BDR91. When you bind it to an Evotouch controller most of those parameters are either disabled or ignored. (The only one that is still enabled and somewhat useful is the economy mode temperature setting that applies when you press the green button)

You don't need to mess with any of those settings in a DTS92 when using it with an Evotouch - simply follow the binding process to bind it to the zone on the Evotouch and you are done. You should be following the binding instructions that came with the Evohome rather than any instructions that came with the DTS92 as the DTS92 instructions are written for use with a BDR91 not an Evohome controller.
umph

Post by umph »

Hi

To: Evohome shop : the model number is ATC92893000

To: DBMandrake :

I have ( I think) bound both the DTS92 and the HR80 via the controller setup steps for the relevant room. I can't recall the steps from memory but I did follow the instructions. As I mentioned I can change the temp via the thermostat - and or the HR80 - but the romm temperature is being taken from the HR80 not the thermostsat.

I did have the older ( non-wi-fi) controller and the DTS92 "took the lead" in this config as as recall. Maybe it's the sequence on binding them that I've got wrong?

Thanks to both for the help so far

Graham
DBMandrake

Post by DBMandrake »

On the new Wi-Fi controller like mine you can rebind the temperature sensor without having to rebind the radiator valve but I don't think you can do that on the older models.

So you would need to just bind all devices for that particular zone again making sure that you bind the DTS92 first and then any radiator valves in the zone following that. The first device you bind to the zone during the binding process will become the temperature sensor for the zone.
umph

Post by umph »

Thank you DBMandrake - I'll give that a try !
umph

Post by umph »

Hi

So I re-bound the DTS92 to the Controller. I then did a quick test , with the room at 18 ( the HR80 and DTS showing 18 C) I put the DTS92 in the fridge to drop the temp.
Sure enough the thermostat soon dropped temp and triggered the controller to provide heat to the rads - even thou the actual room temp was still 18, proving the thermostat was taking the "lead" over the HR80.

Thank you very much for your help with this - it is very much appreciated.

Graham

PS: Didn't know the DTS92 could still work when inside a fridge - but I do now!