No Boiler Control

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
rleggett

No Boiler Control

Post by rleggett »

I think I'm being stupid I'm afraid, having installed our new system.

I initially paired the BDR91 and controller as a single zone system. This worked perfectly, with the Controller turning the boiler on and off as desired.

Once I reprogramme to add all of the radiator zones, the Controller no longer seems to control the boiler (even by overriding with the heating off setting, during which the boiler stays on).

I have tried resetting everything and setting up as a single zone again. This worked perfectly.

Then tried setting up all the zones again using guided configuration, and the same thing happens again;seemingly no boiler control. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Robert
DBMandrake

Re: No Boiler Control

Post by DBMandrake »

How long are you waiting after choosing heating off ?

It takes up to 5 minutes to take effect during which time the boiler relay may still cycle on and off. This is because it takes up to 4 minutes for the off (5 degree) set point to be sent to HR92's and up to 30 seconds for them to wind the valve closed and send a zero heat demand back to the controller.

I assume you don't have stored hot water control, if so do you still have a boiler control relay configured in the system settings ?

The boiler relay binding should be the same regardless of whether you have a single zone (no HR92) or multizone with HR92 configuration.
rleggett

Re: No Boiler Control

Post by rleggett »

No, boiler still not taking any notice I'm afraid...!